PLAYERS PLAY - SPECTATORS SPECTATE - RULES OFFICIAL OFFICIATE
Spectators MUST register in the Golf Shop prior to going on the course. Golf Carts are only available for rent to those with verified Handicap credentials (at option of the golf facility).
1. Spectators MUST WALK the course and should stay one shot ahead of the group they are following. This allows spectators to follow errant shots and help identify where the ball comes to rest. Spectators are allowed to aid in the search for lost golf balls using care not to improve the lie of the ball. Spectators must keep off tees, fairways and greens - Stay on cart paths. In the absence of cart paths, we ask that spectators stay in the rough away from players.
2. Spectators as a rule should NOT speak to players. A parent may speak with their child regarding #4 below.
3. Spectators MUST RESPECT all RULES SITUATIONS and NOT to give rulings on the Rules of Golf. You will be brought into a situation only if the Rules Official asks you. If you have a question or information, it should be done away from competitors and in a calm manner. USGA Rule 6-1: The Player is responsible for knowing the Rules. If the Rules Officials need to change their focus from the players to the spectators, you may be asked to leave the golf course immediately.
4. Spectators are allowed to carry medicine, drinks/snacks for players (not equipment - Do not caddy, handle or go through a player’s equipment/bag/hand cart).
5. Absolutely no alcohol or smoking when spectating.
The VCJGA may assess a penalty to the player based on the severity of the spectator violation. Continuous conversations with player(s) are not appropriate. If a serious breach has occurred, the spectator, without warning, may be asked to leave the golf course, the facility, or the spectator may not be permitted to attend other VCJGA tournaments.
Please note that parents, guardians and spectators agree to let participants compete without giving any advice or counsel to them during the stipulated round (USGA Rule 8-1) knowing that a violation may cause a two-stroke penalty against their participant without warning.
US GA Rules of Golf - Definition of Advice:
“Advice” is any counsel or suggestion that could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of club or the method of making a stroke. Information on the Rules, distance or matters of public information, such as the position of hazards or the flagstick on the putting green, is not advice.
For your personal safety, we ask you exercise caution at all times. Golf balls can come from any direction at any time and hit you.
When inclement weather moves in to the area, the VCJGA will suspend play by sounding air-horns. Accordingly, you should seek shelter immediately. The VCJGA and Volunteers will assist in the evacuate players from the course. Spectators must be aware and move to safety on their own.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation
Sportsmanship - Pursuing Victory with Honor